Name: Meghan Johnson
Company: Wesco Aircraft
Address: 27727 Ave Scott
Valencia, CA 91355
TO APPLY: mailto:Meghan.Johnson@wescoair.com
Job Title: Trade Compliance Analyst
General Job Description: Wesco Aircraft is the world’s leading distributor and provider of comprehensive supply chain management services to the global aerospace industry, based on annual sales. Our services range from traditional distribution to the management of supplier relationships, quality assurance, kitting, just-in-time delivery and point-of-use inventory management. We offer one of the world’s broadest portfolios of aerospace products, including C-class hardware, chemical and electrical and comprised of more than 550,000 active stock-keeping units. Wesco Aircraft has more than 2,700 employees across 57 locations globally with net sales of $1.5 billion in 2016.
The Trade Compliance Analyst will assist the Trade Compliance Director with the preparation and administration of various license applications, use of exemptions and exceptions, commodity classifications and reclassifications, import and export of various commodities, recordkeeping requirements, coordination with Sales, Shipping and Materials personnel, coordination with freight forwarders, customs brokers and U.S. Customs as necessary. This position is located at our corporate office in Valencia, CA.
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Wesco Aircraft is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This is an exciting time to join Wesco Aircraft due to our expansion and increased market share within the aerospace industry. At Wesco Aircraft, we invest in our employees, meaning the opportunity for career progression and personal development is outstanding.
Wesco is proud to offer a broad range of benefits options. You can choose from a number of plans including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and voluntary supplemental programs. All full-time employees are eligible for benefits coverage.
At Wesco Aircraft, we know that having the best employees provides us the competitive advantage and we are always searching for capable individuals. Apply online at: http://www.wescoair.com or send your resume to Meghan.Johnson@Wescoair.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be familiar with U.S. trade laws and regulations including those of the Department of State, Department of Commerce, Department of Defense, Office of Foreign Asset Control and Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Customs
- Must be familiar with U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule (US HTS)
- Must be familiar with NAFTA and other Free Trade Agreements
- Perform duties under direction of the Trade Compliance Director or designee
- Assist with preparation and administration of licenses
- Assist with product classifications in accordance with the U.S. Department of State's U.S. Munitions List and the Department of Commerce's Export Commodity Classification Numbers
- Must be familiar with U.S. Government license application software (D-Trade 2 and SNAP-R)
- Assist with coordination of imports and exports
- Assist with employee training
- Assist with internal and external trade-related audits
- Associate’s Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ongoing trade compliance training via webinars, seminars and conferences
- Some import and export compliance experience, including export license processing, knowledge of trade control regulations and product classifications
- Experience with ITAR, EAR, OFAC, DHS/Customs and NAFTA
- Experience with D-Trade and SNAP-R systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks accurately while meeting priorities and deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills