Name: Lisa Caplinger
Company: Raytheon Company
Address: 22270 Pacific Boulevard
Sterling , VA 20166
Job Title: Global Trade, Sr. Advisor Compliance
TO APPLY: https://jobs.raytheon.com/
REQUISITION #: 97752BR
General Job Description: Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services Business Unit has an opportunity for a Global Trade (GT) Sr. Advisor Compliance. We are looking for someone with about 5-7 years of experience in the field of global trade licensing and compliance, specifically experience in ITAR and EAR controlled activities. Global Trade Compliance mitigates risk for the business by allowing the Company to pursue international activity and meet financial targets while ensuring compliance with all US and non-U.S. export/import laws and regulations.
The position is located in at Dulles, VA at the headquarters for Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Business Unit. The position will help support 17,000 employee worldwide and 6 Mission Areas, and reports to the GT Senior Manager, Compliance. This is a critical role to keeping IIS compliant with the Department of State and Department of Commerce export and import laws and with Raytheon policies and processes. The Compliance team at IIS conducts audits and assessments and manages corrective action plans, develops and implements training plans and education materials, provides training presentations, manages licensing and compliance records, prepares various licensing and compliance reports, assists with compliance investigations and the implementation of corrective actions plans. The Compliance team is also responsible for facilitating the implementation of corporate policies, processes and guidance and developing work instructions and tools as needed. The team also works on special projects as needed, and collects and provides metrics to the IIS Global Trade Compliance Director.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, developing relationships with internal customers and collaborating with IIS team members throughout the business unit, the company and from all functional areas. Good communication skills are critical and some travel will be required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing consistent interpretation of International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and Export Administration Regulations to Business Unit employees;
- Assisting with Export Control Reform compliance requirements and company initiatives;
- Assist in monitoring USG regulations for changes that may require implementation or changes to existing processes;
- Assisting in the development and delivery of training as required for employees engaged in international business activities in all functional areas throughout the company including new hire training;
- Assisting in the development and delivery of export/import tools training;
- Acting as a resource for entry-level export/import licensing personnel ensuring all records are compliant with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Raytheon policies;
- Assisting with audits and assessments preparations, both internal and external;
- Coordinating auditing and training schedules throughout IIS;
- Assisting with the development, implementation and tracking of corrective action plans for audits and compliance investigations;
- Assisting with the development and implementation of monitoring programs;
- Assisting with writing/developing/editing work instructions;
- Assisting with jurisdictional and classification activities;
- Assisting with Records Management activities;
- Preparing internal reports to be submitted to various government organizations;
- Working with a variety of compliance tools to run reports, audit records and provide metrics;
- Collaborating with other Raytheon Business Units to ensure standardization;
- Assist in Mergers and Acquisitions Due Diligences, Assessments and Integration Activities;
- Participation in Corporate Projects; and
- Participate in Raytheon Six Sigma Projects.
Job Qualifications: We are looking for someone with about 5-7 years of experience in the field of global trade licensing and compliance, specifically experience in ITAR and EAR controlled activities.
- BS/BA And 5 + Years Of Direct Work Experience In The Area Of Global Trade Compliance, Or 7 + Years Of Direct Work Experience In The Area Of Global Trade Compliance.
- Strong Knowledge Of The ITAR And EAR.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written, Verbal And Presentation).
- Good Time Management Skills
- Competency In Data Management.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Detail Oriented With Strong Sense Of Urgency.
- The Ability To Multitask.
- Able To Work Independently But Also Function As Part Of A Team.
- Strong Understanding Of Microsoft Office Applications, Especially Word, Excel And Powerpoint
- Excellent Customer Relation/Interpersonal Skills.
- Self-Starter Who Can Develop Effective Networks With Internal Customers.
- Willing To Take On Challenges And Accept Stretch Assignments.
- Ability To Travel Occasionally To Assist With Audits And Training.