Esterline - Korry Electronics
11910 Beverly Park Road
Everett, WA 98204
TO APPLY: http://jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25630&siteid=5116&Areq=14718BR
Job Title: Trade Compliance Manager
General Job Description: The Trade Compliance Manager is primarily responsible for a subsidiary’s export and import compliance programs and holds subsidiary policy authority for trade compliance. Responsibilities include reviewing and approving export/import license or permit applications, advising the general manager and senior staff about trade compliance matters, providing trade compliance oversight to all subsidiary activities, working collaboratively with all departments to ensure they have implemented effective compliance internal controls into their procedures and work instructions, and providing trade compliance training. Has the independent authority to inquire into any aspect of a proposed export or import, verify its legality and the accuracy of the information to be submitted, and stop any subsidiary transaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise general manager and senior staff about trade compliance aspects and risks of proposed business decisions.
- Analyze and interpret export and import regulations and maintain current knowledge of changes.
- Review with department managers their trade compliance internal controls (procedures, work instructions, forms, checklists, and tools) to ensure they are current and compliant.
- Work pro-actively with departments to prevent trade disruptions.
- Oversee trade compliance administrators and/or specialists on dotted line basis.
- Monitor compliance activities and the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Prepare, review, approve, and submit applications for export/import licenses, permits, and other requests for authorization.
- Prepare, review and approve technology control plans, and provide technology transfer oversight (including visits and travel).
- Analyze transactions for which due diligence indicates potential risk, and determine whether due diligence has been satisfied.
- Analyze contracts and identify trade compliance issues.
- Produce and analyze reports from various ERP/MRP and other information systems.
- Transact records in trade compliance information systems.
- Oversee calculations for preferential treatment under Free Trade Agreements.
- Prepare and verify export shipping documentation for ad-hoc and other non-routine shipments.
- Oversee relationships with freight forwarders and customs brokers.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- U.S.: Familiarity with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customs Regulations (CR), and the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR).]
- Strong computer skills including ability to research transactions and prepare reports in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) information systems, perform spreadsheet calculations, and quickly learn new software tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Project leadership skills.
- Ability to work at both detail and strategic levels, work calmly under pressure and with frequent interruptions, and display sound judgment.
- Ability to prepare or revise procedures, work instructions, forms, and business flowcharts.
- Ability to prepare and review complex business documents.
- Thoroughly familiar with international shipping documents such as commercial invoice, packing list, air waybill, and export license; including consignee information, INCOTERMS, harmonized tariff code and nomenclature, country of origin, customs value, export classification, and license data.
Esterline Competencies: Supervisor/manager Esterline competencies: customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure, values diversity, approachability, directing others, interpersonal savvy, motivating others, sizing up people, organizing, planning, priority setting, building effective teams, managerial courage, fairness to direct reports, drive for results.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, law, engineering, or a related area.
- At least seven years of business experience.
- At least five years of experience in the Aerospace & Defense sector.
- At least five years of experience with export and/or import regulatory compliance.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) information systems.
- Experience with international business transactions and shipping documents.
- Experience with trade compliance information systems.
- Prior managerial experience.
- Experience with the OCR EASE trade compliance information system.