Company: Baylor University
TO APPLY: http://www.Click2Apply.net/583wq5znrkxwbs2c
Job Title: Manager or Director of Export Compliance
Position Summary: Baylor University is seeking an experienced Manager or Director of Export Compliance. This crucial individual contributor role helps the university responsibly engage global partners and collaborators. This position may be filled at either the Manager or Director level, depending on education and experience.
This role provides training and guidance to faculty and staff concerning export controls issues, including sponsored programs, research, physical and technology exports, international travel and shipping, and cross-departmental communications. Additionally, this position is responsible for drafting policies, procedures, training materials, and on-line resources, in addition to serving as the “Empowered Official” for matters subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
The right person for this role will be inspired by Baylor's vision for being a premier Christian Research University and will be motivated to contribute in ways that continue to build infrastructure to support these efforts. This role is for someone who is a self-starter, with energy and enthusiasm for collaboration and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and experience:
- United States' citizen or lawful US permanent resident due to possibility of accessing ITAR-controlled items
- Have a nuanced understanding of a research university environment
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be extremely relational and able to work with a diverse range of individuals, agencies, departments, and groups
A Master's Degree in International Business, Research Administration, or Science, four years of relevant work experience, and a Christian faith are required. A Doctoral Degree and eight years of relevant work experience are preferred.
View the full position description: Manager of Export Compliance. Please submit an on-line application at https://jobs.baylor.edu along with a cover letter and resume.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (baylor.edu.about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience Baylor through many more wonderful events and programs that take place on campus each year
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit http://www.baylor.edu/hr
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education's “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Pro Futuris.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant's religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/583wq5znrkxwbs2c