Company: Rockwell Collins
Address: 400 Collins Rd NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52498
To Apply: Sr. Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Job Title: Senior Regulatory Compliance Specialist
General Job Description: Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Regulatory Compliance Specialist to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Export/Import Compliance organization is looking to hire a Sr. Import Specialist located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This position will be primarily responsible to design, implement, and lead the corporate duty preference programs (NAFTA, KORUS, etc.) to reduce the costs associated with importing goods into the US and other countries in which we operate. This role is also responsible for the maintenance of the US Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program by working with individuals in different organizations to ensure a secure supply chain for imported goods. In addition, this position will be required to help process the daily movement of goods through US and International Customs agencies with other members of the Import Compliance team.
- Management of the Corporate Duty Preference Program to include the financial tracking and reporting of duty cost savings to senior leadership.
- Management of C-TPAT program in a cross functional, matrixed environment.
- Clearance of goods through Customs agencies in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Provide direction/guidance to Rockwell Collins Import Brokers.
- Direct interface with US and International government agency representatives.
- Leadership of the Import Compliance team’s Root Cause/Corrective action program.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience; identified skills and experience
- US Citizenship
- Experience managing all aspects of complex/strategic projects (costs, schedule, and budget) including the delegation and oversight of tasks to other organizations.
- US Import/Export regulatory knowledge and experience preferred (not required).
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Excel and Access a plus.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.