Company: Woodward Inc
Address: 6300 Howard Street
Niles, IL 60714
TO APPLY: http://www.woodward.com/careers.aspx
Job Title: Trade Compliance Specialist
General Job Description: This position reports to the Manager, Trade Compliance. This position supports the Company's compliance with the trade regulations governing the Company's business in international markets. The Sr. Trade Compliance Specialist coordinates the tactical aspects of export and import licensing, and acts as a Company Empowered Official supervising compliance functions in accordance with U.S. Government Regulations. In this role, the Sr. Trade Compliance Specialist will assist the Manager, Trade Compliance and the Corp. Dir./AGC in the development and implementation of export licensing processes and procedures, training, compliance reviews and prepare and supervise the preparation of applications for export authorizations, and voluntary disclosures. This position works independently, with little supervision.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for all export-related issues to promote compliance with U.S. Government export regulations (EAR), U.S. Treasury - Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) relating to the export of Company products, services, transfers of technical data, employment of foreign nationals and all other U.S. import/export licensing and compliance matters.
- Assists with the supervision Export Compliance Specialists I and Import Compliance Specialists
- Assists business units in the structuring export licensing strategy though the use of licenses and agreements for complex business models.
- Conducts and assigns internal export compliance audits and reviews within the business groups per established audit plan.
- Develops training materials and cadence for Company training on Trade Compliance topics.
- Works with business units and the Manager, Trade Compliance to determine appropriate jurisdiction and classification of products and technologies
- Responsible for processing, approval and submission of applications for export/import licenses, commodity jurisdictions, advisory opinions, various agreements (e.g., Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing License Agreements, and Distribution Agreements) for U.S. and international operations.
- Communicates with the DDTC and BIS and other U.S. and international government agencies on trade compliance matters and license application support.
- Monitors license and agreement submissions throughout the review and approval process and resolve issues with USG reviewing offices.
- Supports maintenance of GTO SharePoint Site
Education or Formal Training:
- BA/BS and related experience, or 10+ years equivalent experience
- Legal background a plus
- Minimum 8 + years equivalent experience with administering the export licensing program of a multinational company, including demonstrated ability to supervise.
- Experience in aerospace and defense industries a plus
- Required Skills & Personal Characteristics: Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Technical expertise regarding U.S. export laws and regulations (EAR, ITAR, and OFAC)
- Experience implementing Export Compliance Programs
- Working knowledge of ECCN classifications and U.S. Munitions List
- Outstanding communication skills used to present new strategies and concepts, achieve consensus for change and deliver formal training
- Computer and data analysis skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proactive, well organized and highly motivated.
- Experience with aircraft products a plus
- Familiarity with international export regulations a plus