Company: Thales Defense and Security, Inc.
Address: 22605 Gateway Center Drive
Clarksburg, MD 20871
Company Website: https://jobs-thalesdsi.icims.com/jobs/2592/manager-trade-compliance/job
Job Title: Senior Manager Trade Compliance
General Job Description: Headquartered in Clarksburg, Maryland, Thales Defense & Security, Inc. seeks a Manager of Trade Compliance.
We offer you exception people to work with, benefits, compensation, and culture!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Senior Manager of Trade Compliance is an Empowered Official of the company with ownership of the development, management and implementation of the Local Compliance Program; performing activities in accordance with the Country Internal Compliance Program (ICP) and Thales Group standards to ensure compliance with the export control and import laws and regulations in all countries in which the company does business. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as Sr. Empowered Official and DTRADE Super User
- Serve as Technology Control Officer under Proxy Agreement
- Review, augment, and draft trade compliance policies and procedures as necessary (i.e., Technology Control Plan, Desk-Top Procedures, etc.)
- Audit performance of trade compliance activities to relevant policies and procedures
- Report to Company management and Government Security Committee (“GSC”) on Trade Compliance risk assessments
- Attend and provide appropriate input to Business Development and Program Reviews; provide input to capture teams for Gate reviews; review new business opportunities for trade compliance risks and provide guidance at pre-bid level
- Direct activities to strategically align trade compliance with business initiatives
- Provide trade compliance training
- Draft, submit and administer ITAR 124 Agreements, Amendments and Re-Baseline Agreements
- Review and approve export licenses for ITAR/EAR commodities
- Oversee preparation and submittal of export licenses
- Provide ITAR/EAR jurisdiction classification
- Maintain relationship with freight forwarders, assist with the creation of shipment documentation for all international shipments
- Provide guidance and assistance for the import clearance for all imported products
- Assist with preparation of documentation and the coordination of import and export activities related to both permanent and temporary shipments
- Ensure proper transmittal of technical data to foreign entities
- Submit disclosure of potential trade compliance violations if necessary
- Review and ensure the maintenance of proper record-keeping of all shipments of hardware and technical data exports, prepare reports to USG as required
- Support Business Mergers and Acquisitions related to trade compliance.
Job Requirements and Skills:
- Ability to work closely with various functional areas to promote international business while staying within the bounds of regulatory constraints
- Positively project Export Group as a valuable support function to the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Software Applications
- Proficient in D-Trade License Submittal Application
- Ability to obtain security clearance (this requires US Citizenship)
- Occasional domestic and international travel required.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of Trade Compliance experience
- Thorough knowledge of ITAR/EAR regulations including familiarity with available exemptions
- Knowledge of the FTR, Census and Customs & Border Protection regulations
- Background in/familiarity with international logistics management, including understanding of the HTS/Schedule B commodity identification regimes
- Familiarity with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Previous supervisory experience
- Working Knowledge of OCR Ease System desirable
- Bachelor's Degree in business or technical field.