Company: Saab Defense and Security USA LLC
Address: 5717 Enterprise Parkway
East Syracuse, NY 13057
TO APPLY: SENIOR IMPORT/EXPORT ANALYST
Job Title: Senior Import/ Export Analyst
General Job Description: Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division (SDAS) is seeking a dynamic, results oriented individual to fill the role of Sr. Export/Import Analyst. This person will be responsible for assisting the Trade Compliance Manager in overseeing Export/Import operations for the company, performing day-to-day trade compliance duties, supporting proposal activities and business development, and assist the shipping department and freight forwarders with shipping and logistics (e.g. assist in completing shipping paperwork, providing Schedule B/HTS Codes).
This position is also considered a shared service in which a quarter of this individual’s time will be spent assisting another Saab U.S. entity with its export/import efforts. Furthermore, this person will proactively provide process recommendations and guidance to improve and remain compliant with Import/Export laws and regulations and be a company liaison to government representatives as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supporting the Trade Compliance Manager with corporate-level Export/Import compliance standards, guidelines, and compliance monitoring procedures.
Preparing and executing the approval of Department of State and Department of Commerce export licenses and overseeing import activities.
Assisting in administrative inquiries, voluntary self-disclosures, customs seizures and implementation of related corrective actions.
Supporting internal, government and customer audits.
Identifying and implementing Export/Import Compliance training needs with the Trade Compliance Manager’s concurrence and oversight.
Consulting with senior management on Export/Import regulations, including foreign visitor support.
Supporting and assisting with Commodity Jurisdiction requests, Commodity Classification Requests, freight forwarder relationships, and export licensing vehicles.
Assisting with Shipping/Logistics in shipping paperwork and determining Schedule B/HTS Classification Codes and Duties and Taxes.
Providing discipline and industry expertise to assist with Process Improvement Initiatives.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the preparation and submission of U.S. Department of State Export and Temporary Import Licenses, Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLA) and Commodity Jurisdictions; and Department of Commerce Export and Import Licenses, and Commodity Classification Requests.
- Experience in Shipping/Logistics (Schedule B/HTS Code Classification; and assisting with shipping paperwork to include preparation of Commercial Invoices and Bills of Lading and working with Freight Forwarders).
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Strong knowledge of EAR, ITAR, OFAC, CBP, FTR and other trade compliance regulations, as applicable.
- Familiarity with the NISPOM requirements for Classified Exports, Classified Licenses and International Transfers of Classified Hardware and Technical Data.
- Knowledge of the Export Control Reform (ECR).
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Knowledge of International Shipping and Logistics (Schedule B and HTS Codes and Classifications, Duties and Taxes).
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills with the ability to develop and deliver presentations to Senior Management.
- Strong knowledge of risk management practices and mitigation procedures.
- Capability of obtaining a Security Clearance.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.