Company: L3 Technologies, Platform Integration Division
Address: 7500 Maehr Rod
Waco, TX 76705
Company Website: http://www.L3T.com/careers
TO APPLY: IMPORT/EXPORT COMPLIANCE ADMINISTRATOR 3General Description: The Import/Export Compliance professional will perform responsibilities as the Export/import Compliance advisor for multiple Department of Defense and foreign government military and commercial programs within L3 Platform Integration Division. The general job duties include:
Requisition ID #: 089343
- Primarily responsible for imports requiring HTS classification experience.
- Must have knowledge and experience with U.S. Customs and Traffic requirements and processes
- Provide advice and guidance concerning the requirements and obligations of exporting defense articles and services under the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Determine and certify appropriate legal authority for compliance audits and investigations, and conduct internal compliance training programs.
- Must be able to have a general and practical application-based understanding of the ITAR and EAR, as related to proactively helping the company program organizations and leadership solve international business pursuit, capture and execution issues.
- Must have good organizational skills, as well as, good verbal and written communication skills and capabilities.
- Must be able to work effectively with senior level executives.
- Must set highest ethical standards for self and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
- Licensed Customs Broker preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of professional experience working in regulatory environment in the aerospace/defense industry.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience directly related to Customs regulations, ITAR, EAR and/or AECA export licensing with Department of State and/or Department of Commerce.
- Must have knowledge and experience with imports, U.S. Customs, and Traffic requirements and processes
- HTS Classification experience required.
- Must be eligible to be an Empowered Official under the ITAR.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Software.
- Experience with OCR EASE is ideal.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime, as needed.
- Must be eligible to access ITAR controlled items and/or articles.
- Must be able to travel as necessary (10% travel time).
L3 Platform Integration, a recognized leader in aircraft modification and special mission system integration, offers challenging and rewarding assignments across a broad spectrum of aircraft modification programs. The Platform Integration Division provides innovative solutions for major structural modifications and systems integration to military and commercial aircraft. The division has primary operations in Waco, TX and throughout the U.S. Visit our website: http://www.L3T.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. We maintain a drug-free Tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Security Clearance Required: None