Name: James McFayden
Company: L3 Link Simulation & Training
Address: 2200 Arlington Downs Road
Arlington, TX 76011
TO APPLY: http://www.l3t.com/careers
Work Phone: 817-6193622
Job Title: Import/Export & Traffic Compliance Administrator
General Job Description: This position will serve as an Import/Export and Traffic Compliance Administrator which is an individual contributor role responsible for developing, initiating, supporting and executing the export, re-export, import and deemed export licensing, permitting and authorization activities, as well as monitoring import/export traffic in compliance with U.S. export/import control, U.S. Census and US Customs regulations, preparation of documentation, and maintaining files for recordkeeping purposes.
- Under the direction from Trade Compliance Management and working with the Trade Compliance team, coordinates with functional stakeholders throughout the value stream, to plan, schedule, develop, draft and route export control licensing activities, as well as support the operational and compliance activities and logistics for the imports and exports, including monitoring the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, ensuring related customer service, brokerage and customs transaction compliance;
- Work closely with Business Development, Contracts and Program Management functions, as well as other affected functional areas to prioritize and support export and import licensing requirements;
- Conduct product export and import classifications
- Preparation of import and export documentation including but not limited to shipping invoices, Commercial invoices, packing lists, Import Letter of Instruction, etc.;
- Support Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) activities/filings;
- Work with various Department of Defense organizations for the purpose of facilitating trade and trade compliance;
- Support various programmatic compliance activities, e.g., foreign travel reviews, Technology Control Plans development, export-import licensing management and recordkeeping;
- Support various Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales value streams, to ensure compliance and potential licensing support;
- Maintain all export/import files in accordance with company policies and regulations.
- Perform denied party screenings;
- Ability to determine proper tariff classifications in accordance with the HTS;
- Maintains compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of imported/exported products;
- Interfaces with internal and external worldwide import/export operations and organizations where necessary;
- Supports Trade Compliance Management with outreach to U.S. government stakeholders;
- Interfaces with the L3 International Licensing Group (ILG);
- Assist with writing policies and procedures to effect division compliance with international trade regulations (export and import);
- Support Part 129 and 130 reporting requirements
- Bachelor's Degree Required;
- Four to seven years of experience with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), to include post ECR knowledge base; experience with D-Trade/DECC; drafting Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing License Agreements, DSP-5s and all other Department of State authorizations as required;
- Must possess the ability to effectively interface at all levels and with all functions of Company Management;
- Three to six years of experience with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) required;
- Experience drafting dual-use CCATS, BIS Export, Deemed Export licenses required;
- Familiarity with BATF import regulations and compliance;
- Working knowledge of Office of Foreign Assets Controls’ various sanctions and embargoes regulations and policies;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Harmonization Tariff Schedule (HTS) and a clear understanding of 19 CFR Customs and Border Protection regulations and 15 CFR for Census regulations required;
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance;
- Defense article experience preferred;
- Experience with global export-import controls preferred;
- Excellent verbal, written an organizational skills required;
- Experience with MS Suite, Vizio, required
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics: L3 Link Simulation & Training (L3 Link) is a division of L3 Technologies. Headquartered in Arlington, TX, L3 Link provides Total Training Solutions to government and commercial customers. Our Core capabilities include development of flight simulator devices, mission training for military pilots, commercial pilot training, and schoolhouse development and operation.
Headquartered in New York City, L3 employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide and is a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms. L3 is also a prime contractor in aerospace systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.