Name: Tracy Davis
Address: 900 Innovators Way
Simi Valley , CA 93065
Job Title: Trade Compliance Administrator: SIMI
General Job Description: Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems, tactical missile systems and electric vehicle charging and test systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we’ve been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 40 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world’s most widely used military drones, pioneered today’s advanced EV charging technologies, created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of solutions from small UAS and tactical missile systems to tomorrow’s electric vehicle charging and test systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Trade Compliance Manager (TCM) and will assist the TCM in administering an effective export compliance program to ensure company compliance with regulatory and internal policy requirements relating to export licensing, exemption usage and recordkeeping.
- Prepare, submit, administer and manage export licenses (e.g., DSP-5, DSP-73, DSP-61, MLA’s and TAA’s) for the Department of State and Department of Commerce. Prepare and submit requests for Commodity Jurisdictions, advisory opinions and general correspondence.
- Identify export issues, develop solutions and provide guidance to the TCM on resolving issues to support business objectives while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations and internal policies.
- May act as an Empowered Official regarding licensing and compliance issues.
- Serve as a resource for Trade Compliance matters for the company (management and employees of all levels), as well as external customers and regulatory officials. International Business Development Support – Provide expert guidance to the Int’l BD organization in their pursuits of capturing new business for AV. Active participation in gated proposal process reviews during all six stages. This also includes coordination necessary for Trade Show and Demo support.
- Shipping - Using the Export Licensing Manager and Export Document Module software systems, prepare international shipping documentation and coordinate shipments to foreign customers and international trade shows. Develop and maintain an active working relationship with the shipping department and its personnel, to prevent Export violations.
- Assist the Trade Compliance Manager develop and present internal compliance training; conduct regulatory compliance audits and develop and maintain associated databases, reports and documentation.
- Classifications - Perform product classifications, ECCN, ITAR category, HTS and Shed B codes, etc., and maintain a current and robust database of all product classifications.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Trade Compliance Manager.
- Active participant in the AV Trade Compliance Council monthly meetings.
- International visitor policies and control.
- Corrective actions – Work towards completion of prior corrective actions reported on Voluntary Disclosures. Implement suggestions from the 2017 Global Eyes gap assessment audit.
- Document retention – Maintain excellent records in full compliance with USG Export Rags.
- Minimum of four (4) years of Trade Compliance administration experience with an aerospace firm, defense contractor or government entity.
- Prior experience as an Empowered Official
- Must have familiarity with D- TRADE and SNAP Systems
- Strong understanding of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and related processes.
- Familiar with US Commerce’s Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Experience in dealing with entities such as embassies and consulates, and international brokers / freight forwarders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to handle sensitive data.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills, with MS Office Applications: Word, Excel, PP.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics: PLEASE ATTACH YOUR CURRENT RESUME TO YOUR APPLICATION.
This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.