77 River Road
Clifton, NJ 07014
TO APPLY: https://harrisrccorp.peoplefluent.com/res_viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-70120&ERFormID=res_newjoblist&ERFormCode=any
Job Title: Technical Trade Compliance Specialist
General Job Description: The Electronic Systems Business Segment is seeking an experienced systems engineering professional from the defense realm who would like to join the Harris Technical Trade Compliance team. Work can be performed onsite either in Palm Bay, FL or Clifton, NJ.
After an initial training period, this individual will be responsible for providing Technical Trade Compliance support to all Electronic Systems Business Units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpreting U.S. trade regulations (EAR, ITAR, and Customs) and providing necessary guidance to internal Electronic Systems (ES) customers.
- Interfacing with program managers, internal functions (Human Resources, Supply Chain, Information Systems, etc.) and senior leadership to ensure all work processes are in compliance U.S. Trade regulations.
- Advising internal ES customers regarding export jurisdiction, classification, controls, and processes for ES hardware, software, and technical data.
- Reviewing and evaluating ES technical data documents for export jurisdiction, classification, and marking.
- Advising internal ES customers and Trade Compliance staff members regarding the requirement for export licenses, license exceptions, and technical assistance agreements, in support of international business ventures.
- Authoring commodity jurisdiction and classification requests for submittal to the Department of State and Department of Commerce, as required to support business initiatives.
- Advising ES business pursuit teams, proposal efforts, program start-ups, and IRAD projects regarding export classification and controls for products and deliverables.
- Providing export compliance training to ES programs, functional areas, and business staff members.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of systems engineering work experience in a government defense contracting environment.
- Active Security Clearance (SECRET or above).
- Required Skills & Personal Characteristics: • Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Exhibits a high attention to detail, integrity and discretion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)