Company: MD Helicopters
Address: 4555 E McDowell Rd
Mesa, AZ 85215
TO APPLY: https://www.mdhelicopters.com/who-we-are.html
Job Title: Export Control Administrator
General Job Description: Manage all aspects of exporting the company’s goods and technical information in accordance with local, federal and foreign regulations governing export control in support of strictly Commercial sales (non-military use), Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) of items intended for Military use. Manage all aspects of licensing the import, export and sale of firearms and destructive devices under license from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The successful candidate should have strong exposure to complex military platforms, appropriate credentials and/or memberships in professional societies, as applicable to Export, Import and International arms traffic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all export related activity and import/export and sale of firearms and munitions.
- Prepares License applications and other documentation related to export of products and import/export and sale of firearms and munitions.
- Excellent working knowledge of ITAR and EARs. Excellent working knowledge of firearms and munitions licensing regulations.
- Acts as liaison with representatives within the United States Departments of State and Commerce; US Customs and Border Patrol; and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATFE) to resolve problems.
- Develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in licensing and export activity and procedures.
- Preparation, administration and status of appropriate documents for exports and sales of forearms and munitions.
- Update the company’s export control policies and procedures and provide training to all affected functions within the company.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; preferably in business with experience in export laws and regulations and a minimum of 6 + years work-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work performed in an office and factory settings.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
MD Helicopters, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. Government export laws (ITAR, EARs, OFAC) is required.
- Familiarity with BATFE regulations is required.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to influence across functions and interact with individuals at all levels.
- Strong organizational and work management skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills required.
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability to concentrate is required.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to get along with others or to be part of a team.
- Access to Export Control Information required.
- Regular attendance at the worksite.