Company: Henderson Group Unlimited, Inc
Company Website: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c9a09639-99ff-4860-8190-bbabff18548c&jobId=158282&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
Job Title: Commodities Jurisdiction Analyst
General Job Description:
- Henderson Group Unlimited, Inc., a government contractor, has an immediate opening for a Commodities Jurisdiction Analyst providing support to the Department of State Directorate Defense Trade Control (DDTC). In this position the incumbent will:
- Development and implementation of defense trade policy initiatives;
- Coordination and resolution of pol icy issues raised in the export licensing process (e.g., sanctions waivers, exports to China); and
- Liaison with the Department of Defense and other State Bureaus on broad-based policies that impact defense trade.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Analyst reviews and makes determinations on requests for Commodity Jurisdiction and brokering of defense articles.
Policies and Procedures: Evaluates and analyzes policies and procedures for designation of articles to be controlled under the U.S. Munitions List and makes recommendations to the Managing Director through the Policy Office Director. Drafts and disseminates specialized procedures for the review and disposition of commodity jurisdiction requests. Promulgates detailed procedures to address preparation of requests by industry, interagency review and resolution of disputes, and potential escalation to higher-level decision makers.
Work Review: Reviews sensitive, time urgent, highly controversial commodity jurisdiction applications to determine applicable law enforcement foreign policy and national security considerations which determine resolution of the cases. Reviews and signs off on commodity jurisdiction requests.
Liaison Function: Establishes and fosters close liaisons with various offices within the Department of State, Defense (Office of the Secretary of Defense, Army, Navy, and Air Force), Department of Energy, Department of Commerce, and Congress in connection to issues related to commodity jurisdiction and defense trade policy. Represents the Office and Department in discussions regarding commodity jurisdiction issues.
Special Projects: Undertakes special projects involving matters such as resolving contentious CJ issues, preparing special reports to Congress on the CJ process or the removal of items from the United States Munitions List, and analyzing and recommending responses to inquiries from the public, other agencies and Congressional offices and committees.
- Mastery of the issues, principles, and regulations associated with the regulation of commercial exports of defense articles, defense services, and related technical data in order to make determinations on requests for commodity jurisdiction, licensing and brokering of defense articles.
- General knowledge of military weapon systems, technology, and terminology in order to make determinations on requests for commodity jurisdiction and licensing or defense articles.
- Thorough knowledge of Department of State and other USG agencies' role in formulation and support of USG policy in order to ensure necessary and appropriate interagency coordination in making determinations on requests for Commodity Jurisdiction, licensing, and brokering of defense articles.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in order to prepare persuasive and concise papers, make presentations to senior Department officials and officials in other agencies, and coordinate a variety of activities both within and outside the Department.
- The position requires either an academic background in law or in a scientific or engineering field; incumbent handles jurisdictional determinations with law enforcement and completes commodity jurisdiction requests under the close supervision of the Team Chief.
- Candidate must have great work ethic.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Work in a team environment.
- Possess leadership skills.
- Possess critical thinking skills and ability to research resolutions to issues in a timely manner
Clearance: Position requires a government security clearance.
Qualified candidates should apply online via
Henderson Group Unlimited, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.