Name: Chris Currier
Company: Optics 1
Address: 2 Cooper Lane
Bedford, NH 03110
Company Website: http://www.optics1.com
Job Title: Senior Trade Compliance Administrator
General Job Description: The Senior Trade Compliance Administrator is responsible for the administration of the Optics 1 Export/Import compliance program in accordance with internal policy, Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Customs Regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to:
- Act as the primary point of contact for requests to draft and submit licenses, agreements, product classification requests and general correspondence, allowing adequate time for company and government review under the supervision of the Empowered Official (EO). Provide guidance on the use of exceptions and exemptions.
- Ensure timely submission of licenses and agreements and monitors status through the application, activation and management processes. Work closely with company stakeholders to ensure that for each application, all required information is obtained and such information is complete and accurate.
- Establish or maintain business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the US government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
- Primary point of contact for the coordination, distribution of and compliance with approved licenses, applications, agreements, general correspondence, commodity classifications. Conduct proviso and limitation reviews with Programs, Customer Support and Business Development teams.
- Maintain a good relationship with program counterparts and be aware of program developments to ensure export authorization needs are recognized in advance and addressed on a timely basis to support on-going business activities.
- Establish or maintain operational processes for assuring trade compliance through gate reviews for technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import shipments.
- Coordinate inbound freight clearances with U.S. Customs, carriers, brokers and forwarders with support from the EO as required.
- Coordinate import/export requirements with Shipping/Traffic Personnel and other departments as required.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation and records of export and custom related activities, including records of all technical data transfers, defense services provided, ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions used and that an adequate audit trail is maintained. Ensure records are maintained for the required period of time. Ensure that record system allows for control and retrieval of information in regards to the ITAR, EAR, and other laws and regulatory requirements.
- Assist Empowered Official in the development and implementation of:
- Technology Control Plans
- Product Classification Data
- ECCN/USML Classification
- Harmonized Tariff/Schedule B Classification
- Facilitate Visitor Controls with Security to ensure visitors are screened and licensed appropriately based on the purpose of their visit.
- Utilize Visual Compliance restricted party screening tool.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong working knowledge in the ITAR, EAR
- Familiarity with DTRADE and SNAP-R
- Experience drafting, submitting and administrating Technical Assistance Agreements, export/import licenses
- Experience with exports of defense services and software
- Strong communications skills with the ability to interpret, understand and provide guidance to internal stakeholders on complex regulatory documents and applicable laws and regulations
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated experience managing multiple deadlines supporting regulatory requirements and business objectives
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- U.S. Protected Individual status required (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee or temporary resident (as defined at 8 USC 1160(a).