Georgia Institute of Technology
505 10th Street
Atlanta, GA 30318
JOB POSTING: https://gatech.taleo.net/careersection/gatech_research/jobdetail.ftl?job=0175472&lang=en
Job Title: Export Compliance Officer
General Job Description: This position has professional and compliance oversight responsibilities for export controls and other duties in support of Georgia Tech’s $900+ million sponsored research enterprise and worldwide academic and research endeavors.
The successful Office of Research Integrity Assurance (ORIA) Research Associate candidate will advise research faculty regarding Federal and State laws as well as Institute policy governing export controls. This position collaborates with Research Security, Legal Affairs, Risk Management, Environmental Health & Safety, Sponsored Programs, Office of Information Technology, Conflict of Interest Management, Human Resources, other universities, professional societies and associations, and outside consultants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct export reviews for domestic and/or international sponsored research;
- Provide export determinations including applicability of the Fundamental Research Exclusion (FRE);
- Assist with development of policies and procedures to enhance the export control compliance;
- Review technologies and provide export determinations (ECCN or ITAR Category); and
- Draft technology control plans.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years related experience
TO APPLY: Resumes and Cover Letter should be sent via email to Rex Welch, Assistant Director of HR, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference PVA #37002 in the subject line.
Background check, 3 letters of reference, and college transcripts will be required of the final candidate.
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Experience in academic research, research administration and/or export compliance.
- Experience in classification and jurisdiction determinations for technology, products, materials, equipment and software according to the federal regulations.
- Experience in engaging faculty, staff and students in a multi‐cultural environment.
- Knowledge of federal export control regulations including those pursuant to EAR, ITAR, OFAC, and National Security Decision Directive 189.
- Judgment and discretion – The ability to make effective decisions, problem solve and handle sensitive or confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent project management skills – ability to work with others to facilitate compliance with export regulations.