Export Solutions Inc.
TO APPLY: Submit Resume to mailto:email@example.com
Job Title: Trade Compliance Specialist II
General Job Description: We are looking for a talented, results-driven individual who can provide excellent support and assistance for our client’s trade compliance activities. The ideal candidate for this position will be a creative problem solver who is able to work effectively in a dynamic, ever-changing business environment – all while maintaining a positive, “can-do” attitude. This is a full-time position with Export Solutions, Inc. and it is located in Melbourne, Florida. Relocation assistance is available.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Conduct internal self-assessments and compliance audits to improve trade compliance activities. This includes quarterly internal audits of export shipment files, as well as the development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Build strong partnerships with key internal stakeholders; provide training and strategic input to maintain and improve the organization’s trade compliance.
- Provide expert advice and assistance to the Empowered Official.
- Prepare and file State and Commerce licenses.
- Gather data and prepare Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs) and other approvals/authorizations.
- Manage all export and temporary import license applications, to include proper decrementing of licenses.
- Attend weekly meetings regarding business operations, program reviews, etc., to ensure compliance with import/export regulations.
- Support investigations and provide necessary assistance to address any potential or actual violations.
- As requested, analyze and interpret trade compliance laws and regulations (e.g., ITAR, EAR, OFAC, BATF) and implement industry best practices accordingly.
- Provide assistance to other colleagues as may be requested to back-fill for others who are out of the office or unavailable.
- Interface with customs brokers, suppliers and service providers to ensure consistency with defined import/export processes and full compliance for all transactions, including issuance of clearance instructions, monitoring recordkeeping, and internal and external auditing.
- Maintain country-specific records, Free Trade Agreement (FTA) files, and prepare forms required for global import/export, as applicable.
- Work with customs broker to resolve questions and provide information as needed for timely Customs clearance; Support in preparation of Post-Entry Adjustments for submission to customs or customs broker
- Provide support with HTS number classifications for all products within the client’s inventory database as required.
- Minimum five (5) years prior experience in a trade compliance role
- Fundamental knowledge of ITAR, EAR and other import/export regulations
- Prior experience with DTrade, SNAP-R and AES Direct / ACE, as well as MS Office
- Excellent attention to detail, accurate recordkeeping skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- The ability to effectively handle time-sensitive, critical issues despite setbacks, obstacles and time constraints
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent combination of education and prior experience
About Export Solutions:
Export Solutions is a full-service trade compliance consulting firm, specializing in U.S. and international import/export control regulations. Since 2008, we have helped companies and organizations of all sizes improve their compliance to ITAR, EAR, OFAC and other U.S. and foreign regulatory requirements. Our firm’s success is driven by our core values – honesty, integrity, continual improvement, teamwork and helping others succeed.
Full-Time Export Solutions Employees receive:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Employee Incentive Compensation Plan
- Competitive healthcare coverage with a Gold Level Insurance Plan
- After one year of service, eligibility for participation in the Export Solutions, Inc. 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Ten (10) days of paid vacation time per year
- Ten (10) paid holidays per year
- Five (5) personal and/or sick days per year