Export Solutions Inc.
Address: 13900 County Road 455
Suite 107, #117
Clermont, FL 34711
TO APPLY: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Classification Specialist- Work from Home
General Job Description: Do you have a passion for classification? Do you love to hunt down the correct ECCN or USML category for a product, especially one you’ve never seen before? What about HTS codes? Can you fly through the chapters and sections until you arrive at the correct number (to the 10th digit, of course, not just the sixth)? Do friends and family stand in awe of your spreadsheet skills?
If you’re one of the few who can honestly answer “yes” to these questions, then we want to talk to you! Export Solutions has immediate needs for a Classification Specialist who can “wow” us (and our clients) with your accuracy, speed and expertise. We’re looking not just for someone who knows the regulations, but that special person who has the skill and tenacity to correctly classify thousands of parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven ability to find the correct USML/ECCN and HTS codes for items, with limited information to start.
- Proven experience researching and documenting rationale for each part classified.
- Must be a wizard at working with Excel spreadsheets
- That unique ability to make Google and Bing work for you – extracting all the data you need by knowing how (and where) to search.
- Attend weekly check-in meetings with clients to update on progress and troubleshoot those few, tricky parts that have eluded you so far.
- This is part-time, work from home contract position
If you are interested in this position, be prepared to complete a sample exercise of random parts, to include your rationale and how much time you spent on each classification. Are you up for that challenge?
- Minimum five (5) years prior experience in a trade compliance role
- Comprehensive knowledge of EAR, ITAR, and other import/export regulations
- Thorough understanding of HTS and Schedule B assignments
- Must be a U.S. Person as defined in 22 C.F.R. §120.15
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent project management and attention to detail
- The ability to effectively handle time-sensitive, critical issues despite setbacks, obstacles and time constraints
- Prior experience with aircraft parts is a plus
- Licensed U.S. Customs Broker is a plus