15 Enterprise Way
Dorset BH23 6HH
TO APPLY: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1127007&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000410673206#/
Job Title: Senior Trade Compliance Manager
- General Job Description: The Senior Manager, Europe ("SME") will be the European lead for Curtiss-Wright's Global Trade Compliance team (GTC). Reporting to the GTC Senior Director, the SME will be the primary trade compliance resource for Curtiss-Wright's European operations, responsible for executing the company's trade compliance strategy and ensuring robust risk mitigation management consistent with requirements of all European countries in which Curtiss-Wright conducts business.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Key responsibilities include: •Collaborate with GTC management and Division compliance leads to ensure effective support to all European business units.
- Implement GTC policies and procedures and serve as subject matter expert for all Curtiss-Wright European business groups and functions.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with business unit management and stakeholders.
- Submit, manage and ensure effective implementation of EU and country-specific export authorizations and licenses, including but not limited to Open General Export Licenses.
- Implement and maintain appropriate recordkeeping for all authorizations, licenses and export registrations; satisfy all applicable reporting requirements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with U.S. compliance leads on U.S. technology and commodity export transactions to ensure full compliance with EU and country regulations.
- Develop and deliver EU and country-specific trade compliance training to Curtiss-Wright employees.
- Assist GTC management with transactional due diligence for merger and acquisition activity involving European compliance matters.
- Identify, analyze and implement robust compliance systems in collaboration with the Company's IT professionals.
- Assist with trade compliance investigations, risk mitigation, audits and self-assessments.
- Stay current on European and country-specific laws, regulations, directives, rules, and policies.
- Work closely with GTC colleagues to ensure consistent, accurate communication and implementation of trade compliance goals and objectives.
- Proficiency in reading and speaking the English language.
- Candidate must be a U.K. Citizen or have a permanent right to work in the U.K.
- Working knowledge of U.S. ITAR, EAR and OFAC regulations.
- Eligibility to receive U.S. ITAR and U.S. EAR controlled technology without requiring ITAR 126.18 or EAR Part 734 authorizations.
- A minimum of eight (8) years' experience as a trade compliance professional in the U.K. or Europe.
- Subject matter expertise for U.K. and EU member state trade compliance laws and regulations.
- Expertise managing sanctions and embargo programs promulgated by the U.S., U.K., EU, United Nations as well as the laws of other jurisdictions throughout Europe.
- No objection to background check, as permitted by applicable law.
- Graduate of a higher-learning institution (i.e. university).
- Must be able to obtain a U.K. List X Security Clearance.
- No impediment to travel (20% estimated) to Curtiss-Wright global sites
- Required Skills & Personal Characteristics: Desired Skills:
- Fluency in multiple European languages (e.g. German, French, Italian).
- Security Protocol training: C-TPAT, AEO or other security protocol, as applicable.
- Product- or Service-specific export, import and/or operational training/certification (e.g., CUSECO).
- Customs Broker license (U.S.) or similar non-U.S. country license, where available.
- Practical experience managing Inward Process Relief (IPR) activities supporting material transfers within the European Community.
Relocation assistance will be available for this position.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.