Export Solutions Inc.
13900 County Road 455
Clermont, FL 34711
TO APPLY: https://www.exportsolutionsinc.com/about/jobs/ OR mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Trade Compliance Program Manager - Melbourne, FL
General Job Description: We are looking for a talented, results-driven individual who can provide excellent support and assistance for our client’s trade compliance activities. The ideal candidate for this position will be a creative problem solver who is able to work effectively in a dynamic, ever-changing business environment – all while maintaining a positive, “can-do” attitude. This is a full-time position with Export Solutions, Inc. and it is located in Melbourne, Florida. Relocation assistance is available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting and managing export/import license authorizations and agreements
- Oversee proviso/condition management and interpretations
- Evaluating and interpreting US Regulations on import and export transactions
- Train and Assist facility import export Resource Personnel (IERP) at each business unit on licensing related issues.
- Conduct internal self-assessments and compliance audits to improve trade compliance activities. This includes quarterly internal audits of export shipment files, as well as the development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Build strong partnerships with key internal stakeholders; provide training and strategic input to maintain and improve the organization’s trade compliance.
- Provide expert advice and assistance to the Empowered Official.
- Assist in the development and implementation of trade compliance processes and procedures.
- Gather data, prepare and file EAR licenses.
- Gather data and prepare ITAR licenses for exports/temporary imports and Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs)/Amendments.
- Manage all export and temporary import license applications, to include proper decrementing of licenses.
- Manage all uses of exemptions/exceptions
- Ensure all regulatory Record Keeping requirements are complied with
- Attend frequent meetings regarding business operations, program reviews, etc., to ensure compliance with import/export regulations.
- Support investigations and provide necessary assistance to address any potential or actual violations.
- As requested, analyze and interpret trade compliance laws and regulations (e.g., ITAR, EAR, OFAC, BATF) and implement industry best practices accordingly.
- Provide assistance to other colleagues as may be requested to back-fill for others who are out of the office or unavailable.
- Interface with customs brokers, suppliers and service providers to ensure consistency with defined import/export processes and full compliance for all transactions, including issuance of clearance instructions, monitoring recordkeeping, and internal and external auditing.
- Maintain country-specific records, Free Trade Agreement (FTA) files, and prepare forms required for global import/export, as applicable.
- Work with customs broker to resolve questions and provide information as needed for timely Customs clearance; Support in preparation of Post-Entry Adjustments for submission to customs or customs broker
- Provide support with HTS number classifications for all products within the client’s inventory database as required.
- Minimum five (5) years prior experience in a trade compliance role
- Fundamental knowledge of ITAR, EAR, CBP and other import/export regulations
- Prior experience with DTrade, SNAP-R and AES Direct / ACE, as well as MS Office
- This position is subject to the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) which require that candidates be able to document that they are a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or are a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- Final selection is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation by the U.S. Department of State.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent combination of education and prior experience
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- The ability to effectively handle time-sensitive, critical issues despite setbacks, obstacles and time constraints
- Excellent attention to detail, accurate recordkeeping skills
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared