Export Solutions, Inc.
13900 County Road 455
Suite 107, #117
Clermont, FL 34711
TO APPLY: mailto:EmmalieA@ExportSolutionsInc.com
Job Title: Trade Compliance Manager
General Job Description: Are you a trade compliance expert who can manage a broad range of responsibilities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment? We are looking for “boots-on-the-ground” support to help our client maintain its compliance footing. As the Trade Compliance Manager, you will serve as the “go-to” resource for all things import and export – interacting with employees at all levels of the organization, while working both independently and with other members of the Legal, Contracts, Finance and Sales teams. This is a full-time, contract position located in San Jose, California for an initial term of six months.
This position will report to the General Manager of our client’s San Jose, CA facility and the Export Solutions Vice President of Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for remaining knowledgeable of and applying a wide variety of U. S. Import and Export regulations, (i.e. Export Administration Regulations, International Traffic in Arms, U.S. Customs, Food and Drug Administration).
- Perform Restricted Party Screening as required for all export and import related activities, (i.e. International Travel Authorizations, Visitor Requests, Teleconferences, etc.), and participate in the review of such transactions within the organization.
- Participate in product jurisdiction and classifications reviews for all products.
- Responsible for the preparation of license applications, (i.e. EAR and/or ITAR), to include obtaining all pertinent supporting documentation to justify application.
- Ensure export licenses authorizations, technical data transfer logs and other export records are maintained and organized in accordance with U.S. export regulations.
- Monitor the preparation of all export shipment and invoicing documentation, as well as reviewing the transmission of such export information via the Automated Export System (AES) and UPS Worldship and/or Federal Express Ship Manager software, or to a specified designated freight forwarder
- Resolve any AES issue/issues that may result internally or with freight forwarders in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of all import clearance checklists for the Customs Broker, to include a review of product jurisdiction/classifications, duty rates, applicability of duty-free entry, valuation issues, country of origin, NAFTA and other Free Trade Agreement issues of imported commodities.
- Provide guidance to and coordinate Imports with all functional areas including Supply Chain, Program Management, Transportation and Logistics, Security, etc.
- Monitor import shipments for vendor invoicing/billing accuracy. Communicate all errors; research and communicate variances according to compliance guidelines to responsible parties both internally and externally.
- Maintain and administer Certificates of Origin pertaining to special trade programs, or other governmental agency certificates, (i.e. Food & Drug Administration and Federal Communications Commission), as they pertain to all products being imported from overseas suppliers.
- Responsible for monitoring product jurisdictions, classifications, Country of Origin, Harmonized Tariff and Schedule B codes in Item Master and providing corrections to these in a timely manner.
- Oversee activities with U.S. Customs Brokers and freight forwarders, including audit and verification of Import/Export documents, such as 7501’s, SLIs, AWBs, Commercial Invoices and Manufacturing Affidavits, and expedite clearance of shipments that have been delayed by U.S. Customs.
- Coordinate and participate in periodic formal assessments of the division and plant activities to ensure that policies and procedures are properly followed and that all activities and transactions are following the appropriate import/export laws.
- Assist the Corporate Trade Compliance Manager with the investigation and documentation of any export or import violation.
- Assist the Corporate Trade Compliance Manager with the resolution of any identified compliance gaps.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects and reporting requests as needed.
- Job Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years of Import/Export compliance experience with progressively more complex responsibilities. Prefer experience in EAR/Customs regulations, licensing, and knowledgeable in other international trade compliance areas such as the ITAR, FCPA, Anti-boycott and OFAC.
- Knowledgeable in SNAP-R, DTRADE, or other licensing applications
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience in export/import field.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of all export/import regulations by attending local or national seminars, webinars, or other types of applicable compliance training.
- General bookkeeping procedures knowledge, including Accounts Receivable.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications, including, but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL NEED:
- A broad range of experience in import/export compliance issues
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- The ability to work independently
- Confidence and experience working with people at all levels of an organization
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills