6910 N. Whirlpool Drive
Tulsa, OK 74117
TO APPLY: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Compliance Analyst Senior
General Job Description: Applies extensive knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and industry practices to all aspects of the Company’s Global export/import compliance program. Provides expertise to management and may represent the Company to customer, outside business or regulatory personnel in matters relating to import/export compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Develops solutions to a variety of complex and unusual problems that require independent judgment and ingenuity to modify procedures standards related to the export/import compliance program. Work is accomplished under general direction and completed work is reviewed for results.
Assists in all aspects of company’s export/import compliance program on a world-wide basis. Support ongoing development, implementation, and administration of global export/import compliance programs, including the development and implementation of policies and procedures, business processes, reporting requirements, recordkeeping, and training.
Interprets and applies internal, customer and regulatory compliance policy related to import/export. Participates in trade organizations and ongoing education to stay apprised of changing regulatory affairs that affect export/imports. Conducts outreach efforts with supplier and service providers to insure compliance requirements are flowed down.
Directs internal stakeholders and suppliers to identify aspects of internally developed and third party products that subject the product to potential regulatory controls. Prepares commodity classification requests, jurisdiction determinations, license applications, TAA, etc. Obtains and manages U.S. product ECCNs, USML Category listing, Country of Origin, and Schedule B/HTS codes.
Works with HR, Engineering, Purchasing, Contracts, IT, and Legal to ensure compliance with deemed export control laws. Works with Sales and Operations in US to conduct export control screening for all company orders. Conducts periodic internal monitoring to ensure compliance.
Partners with the Operations and Logistics groups to maintain export/import screening at all direct distribution points worldwide; ensures all products’ Bill of Materials are properly classified prior to export and obtains applicable approvals from regulatory agency(ies) where required.
This position may provide administrative and technical leadership over other Stakeholders in the department. Perform other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications other than the primary assignment.
Job Qualifications: Bachelor's level degree in Business, Government Affairs, International Affairs, Management or another appropriate discipline from a four-year college or university and five (5) plus years related experience in U.S. import/export compliance, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with SAP based systems is preferred. Experience may be substituted for the formal education and training requirements in this section at the discretion of management.
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Communicate effectively using electronic media and in written and verbal forms.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills required.
- In depth knowledge of U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Implement and maintain export screening controls for order processing systems.
- Must be able to conduct compliance training and education.
- Ability to make critical decisions and enforce compliance in high pressure situations.
- Prior aerospace experience required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on-site, and attend regularly.
- Must be able to read and write the English language, perform basic mathematical calculations and learn to interpret and comprehend company policies, procedures, safety instructions, and other like documents used in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Competent in the use of standard software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel and operate standard office equipment.
- Make telephone and direct personal contact with internal and external personnel and make formal presentations to small or large groups.
- May perform work of lesser skilled employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the Stakeholder is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The Stakeholder frequently is required to move from one place to another and reach with hands and arms. The Stakeholder must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to travel between facilities and internationally up to 25% on a regular basis. Must be able to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week, if required. NRD: Must be able to ascend and descend stairs.
While performing the duties of this job, the Stakeholder is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
Able to work as a team member, highly organized, work well under stress and handle multiple priorities. Must possess interpersonal and communication skills to interact with other people inside and outside the company.