General Dynamics Information Technology
TO APPLY: https://www.gd.com/principal-export-control-analyst
Job Title: Senior Export Control Analyst
General Job Description: Position is at NASA Headquarters in Washington DC supporting the NASA Headquarters Export Administrator. The Sr. Export Control Analyst supports NASA’s overall compliance with U.S. export control laws and regulations across the Agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist NASA with assessing compliance with federal export-import laws and regulations and the associated NASA policies,
- Support development of policy and procedures to ensure technology transfer risks are properly managed across NASA,
- Process NASA export authorization requests received from NASA Field Centers,
- Assist with making jurisdiction and classification determinations,
- Assist with drafting and reviewing advisory opinions and disclosures to regulators,
- Supervise GDIT Info/Functional Analysts assigned to the contract and assess their compliance with contractor procedures supporting the SOW, oversee procedure updates as required,
- In coordination with the GDIT project manager, establish and maintain a training plan for all positions on the contract, and
- Serve as back-up to the GDIT project manager for the contract’s program management functions.
- SECRET level security clearance,
- B.S. degree in a related technical discipline/engineering or extensive work/military experience with and knowledge of aerospace systems,
- Minimum of five (5) years of overall experience, including: At least two (2) years with aeronautics and/or space systems or similar technology field, at least three (3) years with ITAR and/or EAR Export Compliance, including performance of export compliance audits, and at least three (3) years of experience with Microsoft suite of office programs.
Required Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- Professional well-mannered team player; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proactive, attention-to-detail, self-driven, and able to work well among a diverse group of colleagues and managers.
- At least two (2) years of supervisory experience (desired).